The Workday Analyst will be part of the HR Technology team and will focus on improving the efficiency of our Global HR organization through the use of technology and business process. The incumbent will be responsible for leveraging State Street's Workday HCM system to ensure integrity, quality and effectiveness of HR information and processes.
The role will provide Human Resources system administration, including requirements gathering, solution design, and system configuration, testing, and troubleshooting. This role serves as a point-of-contact and subject matter expert for various functional areas within Workday which may include Core HR, Recruiting, Performance Management, Compensation, Learning, Organization management, and Position Management.
* Support configuration and troubleshooting of business processes in one or more of the following: Advanced compensation, Recruiting, Core HR, Position Management, Learning and Performance / Talent Management.
* Support the development, testing configuration, and implementation of new projects, enhancements, and interfaces.
* Responsible for translating business needs to system design, conduct system/data analysis, and participating in testing and deployment activities.
* Work with functional team members to understand requirements and communicate system capabilities/limitations
* Partner with key stakeholders to create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases
* Load, manipulate, audit, and report on data and make complex mass changes or other direct data updates to data, as considered necessary including building EIB spreadsheets and loading data
* Ensure all process/system design satisfies all audit requirements and mitigates risk.
* Review workflow and validation rule changes for effected business processes
* Deliver regular and ad-hoc reports in the form of dashboards, summaries, and trends, etc. to HR and Business leadership as needed.
* Work closely with HRIS support and process/program owners to conduct ongoing system optimization efforts and regression testing for new releases
* Project manage small to mid-size initiatives which typically span multiple systems; ensuring consistency of administration, effective communication to the organization and operational excellence.
* May serve as program administrator for one or several key programs (e.g. Comp Admin, Talent Admin)
* Research, diagnose and resolve issues (e.g. - end-user, business process, security, etc.)
* Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company's internal/external audit controls and compliance practices
* Support major Workday releases, to include researching new functionality and education the HR team on enhancements as applicable.
* Collect and analyze critical program data for HR processes and programs using queries from Workday
* Create reports and dashboards in Workday including ability to create calculated fields.
* Assist with broadening internal knowledge of Workday configuration through knowledge transfer training and documentation; Ensure documentation is current on all new and existing HR applications and processes
* Actively participate in the Workday Community, training and regional user groups to ensure awareness of current trends and innovation
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, mathematics, human resources, or related field.
* 5-7 years relevant work experience; prior financial services experience a plus but not required.
* Consulting or Services delivery experience and/or a demonstrated knowledge of process re-engineering and change management is highly desired.
* 2+ years of experience as a Workday analyst or administrator responsible for configuration, testing, and support of Workday.
* Experience with Workday report writing, EIBs and calculated fields
* Exceptional analytical skills and experience working with large complex data sets and reports.
* Must be highly organized and have the ability to pay persistent attention to detail, while maintaining an overall view of the situation and the "big picture"
* Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools with advanced Excel skills.
* Demonstrated experience with working with at least one Workday module - Compensation, HCM, Recruiting, Performance
* Strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with all levels and communicate effectively with both a technical audience and business users
* Problem solving skills as seen thru the ability to apply systems/workflow thinking to solve business issues within HR practices.
* Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
About State Street
State Street is a financial holding company providing a range of products and services for large pools of investment assets.