More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us - help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This position is responsible for providing work management support for Delivery Operations, while working within the parameters of established processes and standards. This position is accountable for providing accurate and timely work results which support safety, reliability, storm restoration, and cost management while providing quality customer service.
Provides quality customer service and support to Delivery Operations
* Maintains confidential Company/Employee information in a professional and discreet manner
* Maintains office record retention files
* Orders office supplies
* Ensures outgoing mail is in appropriate location, sorts incoming mail and delivers packages daily
* Assists Managers with meeting minutes, action items, office logistics while performing other Work Management duties
* Updates local bulletin boards with required reference materials
* Efficiently uses available tools or systems to effectively communicate reliability details to external customers
* Achieves acceptable level of availability during normal work schedule and emergency storm restoration after hours and weekends
* Takes ownership of customer issues and problems until resolved, requesting assistance as needed.
* Facilitates communication between internal and external customers
* Reports job status details to operation center personnel and others as requested
* Builds knowledge and skills through training of construction standards, compatible units, construction prints, etc. used in Delivery Operations
* Ensures work is scheduled and executed timely
* Assist with preliminary research and root cause analysis for customer issues
* Collaborates with other work groups to ensure desired customer experience
* Professional and courteous in all contacts
* Initiates facility/security requests (broken printers, lights, cameras, etc)
* Applies correct general ledger accounting in all work-related applications and functions within area of responsibility.
* Assist in reconciling work order materials, labor, and equipment to represent actual field construction
* Assist in resolving errors and prepares for close-out of construction work orders in work management system,
* Developing skill sets to report units of property to asset accounting accurately
* Ensures time sheet is accurately recorded in time management system in accordance with payroll guidelines
* Creates appropriate work order to complete follow-up work
* Processes Invoices and Customer Billing
* Assist with managing Office Supply needs
* Prepares for and provides emergency restoration support as needed
* Supports the Delivery Operations reliability programs or processes using appropriate work management applications
* Supports Human Performance safety culture through active participation in safety meetings
* Follows ergonomics and office safety guidelines
* Supports corporate initiatives
* Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and development
* High school diploma or similar OR 1-3 years of customer service experience
* Demonstrates excellent customer skills
* Possesses effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Collaborates effectively in a team environment
* Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office software
* Exhibits flexibility and dependability during normal work schedule and emergency storm restoration
* Effectively manages stressful situations
* One to three years of providing customer service support
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software
* Knowledgeable of Delivery Operations processes and work management and related computer applications
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)No
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration Date
Saturday, July 6, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.