Founded in 1988, Huawei Technologies is one of the fastest growing telecommunications and network solutions providers in the world. At Huawei Technologies, we look for people who share our vision: to enrich life with communication. We are a leading supplier of next generation telecom networks and currently serve 37 of the world's top 50 operators.
Wireless Systems Technology Planning Manager
About the position
We are looking for a Wireless Technology Analyst Specialist and Manager to our Wireless R&D team in Kista, Sweden. The team is responsible for Technology Planning, which means Technology Outlook, Trends, Strategic Planning and Business Planning.
The area of Wireless Systems and Technologies includes Wireless (Radio Network) Systems Design, System Algorithms, BTS Systems design, RF and Baseband.
The candidate will lead a small team of about 3 people and report directly to the head of the Wireless R&D unit in Sweden. Responsibilities include:
* Technology and System Evolution scouting, i.e. keep up to date on new/strengthened technology or system evolution concepts in the Wireless Network Area (Packet Core and Radio Network areas, including gateways, controllers, base stations and relevant architectures, technologies and system concepts.)
* Collecting input from the different Wireless areas in close collaboration with the Wireless organization in Sweden on Business and Technology Outlook, trends and competitor information. Performing cross-reviews and suggesting top trends and trends to watch out for.
* Suggest and drive emerging system evolution concepts and technologies and roadmaps
* Communicate with headquarters on a regular basis, e.g. providing feedback and comments on new or significantly strengthened trends or release of competitor information
The current focus in the system areas is on developing new ideas and system algorithms to provide High Performance and Energy Efficient System Capacity Growth, including support for the predicted large amount of Connected Devices and solutions for HetNet deployments as well as management solutions to significantly reduce Opex. This is also complemented with technology development of advanced antennas, Base Band and Radio Frequency (RF) solutions.
Qualifications and experience
The candidate should have minimum 10 years of experience from R&D of Wireless level system design and new Technology outlook. General Radio Network system management/design competence is required (functionality, systemization and ways-of-working/methodology). The candidate should have experience from working with and driving system evolution and technology strategies.
Qualifications in the following areas are required:
* Communication System Evolution and Technology Trends (especially scouting of new and emerging trends)
* Wireless Network and System level architecture, performance and functionality
* Radio Base Station architecture, functionality and technologies
* Highly developed communication skills
* Proven leadership experience and skills
A Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent background is required.
The candidate should have highly developed skills in finding new innovative solutions, strategic vision as well as leading and driving activities. Prior experience from international and multicultural work is preferred. As we are a global company the candidate must be able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
This is a position at our R&D office in Kista, Stockholm, Sweden. Some traveling is expected, both within Europe and to China.
For more information regarding the position, please contact;
Anders Sandell, phone: +46 73 920 14 91
We have more than 43,600 employees engaged in R&D and have established 17 research institutes in countries including the U.S., Germany, Sweden, Russia, India, and China to ensure global R&D with outstanding people. We have set up over 20 joint innovation centers with top operators to transform leading technologies into a competitive edge for customers and achieve business success.