What you'll be doing...
In this position you will produce revenue generating products and services for consumer and business communications segments. You will be expected to evaluate and understand next-generation technology, existing deployments, competitive trends and business drivers to design best in class solutions. You will be responsible for aspects of a service deployment including concept formulation, technical requirements, testing and troubleshooting, cross functional coordination/leadership, operational handoff and ongoing SME support.
The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities at the same time. This role requires high engagement, ability to build collaboration across multiple teams and vendors, including IT, Network, OPS, Sales, Marketing, and PMO which will require attention detail and ability to connect the dots to ensure key business deliverables are met. You will leverage your strong analytical skills to interpret data and clearly communicate recommendations to the leadership team.
You will be working on:
* Consumer & Business Communications Products & Services.
* Lab & Production deployments.
* Emerging Technology Evaluation and Innovation.
* Product Design, Quality Assurance and Tier5 support.
What we're looking for...
You are a motivated, positive, self-sufficient, self-starter who is comfortable standing programs from the ground up and taking the initiative to drive projects to resolution.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Wireline, Wireless Telecommunications, Network and IT industry experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's Degree and/or Industry Certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Linux, Openstack, Microsoft, CISSP, etc).
* Familiarity in wireless IP networking, routing & switching, mobile technologies / markets, Radio Access Networks, LTE Evolved Packet Core, IP Multimedia Subsystem, application traffic flows, and Security best practices.
* Work experience from technology companies (preferred from large internet, telecom, and cloud companies).
* Experience with assessing and leading current Verizon technologies, suppliers, challenges and new emerging architectures and network concepts needed to drive transformation in a Tier 1 carrier network.
* Understanding of the competitive landscape and demonstrate a firm understanding of the upcoming technology marketplace.
* Experience creating visibly pleasing, crisp, and creative presentations.
* Understanding in wireless and broadband technology standards (e.g. 3GPP, MPLS, RCS, etc.) and application / Infrastructure virtualization within a service provider network.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.