Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, youll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Windows Systems Engineer to join our team in the Herndon, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our internal organization and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Recognize and recommend new or emerging technology or software to satisfy functional requirements and processes.
* Provide highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the subject field.
* Provide customer support using enterprise solutions software to integrate business areas, consistent with todays technology in order to operate in an open systems environment and client service architectures.
* Create standard operation procedures.
* Perform Quality Control check planning, integration, validation, of Field Deployment via applications, patches, security updates, and other customer deployments.
* Perform script verification checks review event logs, review back logs, training, and documentation maintenance. Navigate in ELAN and Production systems for validation purposes of engineering scripts.
* Provide technical guidance, training, and leadership for current / new operations and engineering personnel.
* Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
* Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
* Provide Tier III & IV technical support and leadership in a complex mission critical windows based environment.
* Bachelor's degree and four years of experience, or additional experience in lieu of degree.
* Hands on experience with both Windows 7 and Window 10 Operating Systems, and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve GPO issues.
* Strong real world experience with GPOs creating, modifying, maintaining, testing and troubleshooting.
* Understanding of the engineering life cycle to include requirements gathering, solutions design, testing, documentation, and implementation.
* Experience with OSD deployment and MS Configuration Manager.
* General knowledge of MS Windows to include performance monitoring.
* Experience with PowerShell.
* Well-developed technical and analytical skills to work closely with Service Partners to troubleshoot and identify broken processes or resolutions to trouble incidents via ESMT and submit Change Requests for global enterprise implementation.
* Knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, including client/server computer operating systems (thick & thin clients), networking hardware, protocols and administration, and system integration across multi-tiered highly secure IT environments.
* Strong experience with Windows GPOs.
* Working knowledge of Active Directory and OUs.
* Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V.
* Hands on experience with SCCM.
* Solid troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Scripting experience with Bash, Perl, etc. is desired.
* Knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 is desired.
* MCSE/MCITP certifications are a plus.
* An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
* Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent, and four years of related experience.
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.