Windows Systems Administrator
Req #: 215697
Location: Springfield, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You'll Get to Do:
In this role, you will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, and operations of systems hardware and software infrastructure for our customer. If chosen, YOU will get to work with an agile, fast paced team focused on defending our client's global networks through threat hunting and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks. YOU will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly make an impact to the Nations mission. YOU must be a motivated, passionate leader with the ability to drive our long-term strategic goals with daily tactical objectives. YOU are critical component in taking complex problems and delivering solutions that are simple yet elegant.
More About the Role:
* Manage Windows Active directory accounts along with other software user accounts
* Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner
* Ensures continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of Service Level Agreements with End Users and monitoring of systems, programs and equipment performance
* Automation of tasks using a combination of scripting and configuration management systems
* Troubleshoot and perform break-fix tasks on all systems as necessary including servers, appliances and systems
* Innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve issues
* Evaluate server load and work with technical lead to implement tuning recommendations
* Support server maintenance and special projects
* Perform operating system software updates/upgrades
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
* Install new / rebuild existing servers, both physical and virtual, and configure services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements
* Manage software installation and patches for various platforms
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
* Create, maintain, and update documentation for standard operating procedures and disaster recovery
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly
* Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Windows system administrator in a professional environment
* Expert knowledge in Microsoft Infrastructure technologies - Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows server 2012-16, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policy, Configuration Management, WSUS, SQP, Bit Locker
* Familiarization using PowerShell for system administration, automation and client configuration
* Experience implementing security standards in a fast paced operational environment
* Ability to work independently or under only general supervision
* Strong customer service and technical writing skills
* Oral communication skills, including the ability to give formal presentations to different audiences
* Experience troubleshooting computer and network issues, developing or improving configuration management processes and procedures, and implementing these processes and procedures
* Ability to work with system owners and developers to engage in joint project planning, execution and documentation
* Strong understanding of network fundamentals and limited basic understanding of Linux
* Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced environment
* Willingness to support after hours operations as required
* Experience with sponsor enterprise/mission network operations and policies
* May require after hours support for system upgrades, etc
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.