Job Description -should include job duties and any special requirements (lifting, etc):
Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi-disciplined environment. The System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a Windows infrastructure for both the classified and unclassified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, desktop and workstation installation and configuration; hard disk cloning and imaging via Ghost, MDT, and other tools; hardware relocation; user accounts management; software installation and support; data backup and restoration and file and folder access management.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune's Global 500, ComputerWorld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017," and Human Rights Campaign 2017 "Best Place to Work" for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
* Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems
* Provide timely technical support for users and work with them to solve existing problems
* Apply hardening security settings
* Active Directory Object Management (ie. User, computer, groups)
* Manage NTFS and share permissions
* Identify, analyze and remediate technical challenges
* Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
* Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement new IT infrastructure
* Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management
* Create and maintains technical and detailed design documentation
* 4+ year's experience in support of Microsoft Windows desktops (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10)
* In-depth experience deploying Windows workstations and migrating end-user data
* In-depth experience with cloning techniques
* In-depth knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations
* Microsoft Windows Active Directory Services administration and support (e.g. user and computer objects administration, Group Policy)
* Understanding of network services as related to Microsoft Windows environment (e.g. DC, DNS, DHCP, etc)
* Experience with supporting desktop / workstation hardware
* Experience with an IT incident/service request system
* Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* Effective written and interpersonal communication Desired Qualifications:
* Active Top Secret security clearance
* Bitlocker support
* Windows command line and related utilities
* VMWare VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
* Automation vis scripting
* Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
* SCCM, KMS, MDT, and WSUS
* Exchange and Lync
* Windows desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
* Support experience with engineering applications such as MatLab, Green Hills products, Doors, and Subversion
* CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows System Administrator
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Minimum Education Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or STEM-related technical discipline and a minimum of 4 years related experience
134091BR 134091 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.