Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) IT team is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to join our Classified IT support team. The candidate selected for this position will perform Windows Systems Administration with growth opportunity to expand skills in Cloud Systems Administration.
Duties for this Windows Systems Administrator role include, but not limited to providing computing support to classified programs in Windows desktop and server environment; troubleshooting and resolving incidents related to software and hardware; assisting in designing, implementing and supporting Windows environment.
Although this Windows System Administrator position is within a larger IT team, the candidate is expected to work well under general direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving, verbal and communication skills, customer focused, and organized.
* Active Secret clearance required
* Minimum 4 years of experience with Windows operating systems
* Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
* VMWare VSphere (e.g. ESXi, vCenter) administration and support
* Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec NetBackup, or strong understanding of server backup
* Storage Experience with Net App
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active TS Clearance or SSBI
* Understand common security product (Splunk, Lumension, etc)
* Experience with MS Exchange Environment
* UNIX/Linux Systems Administration
* Cloud computing service provisioning (e.g. Amazon Web Service, Azure, etc)
* Container Technology (e.g. Docker)
* Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
* Automation via scripting (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Erlang, Python, PowerShell, etc)
* Experience working in DevOps environment
* Security+ certification
Minimum Education Required:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
138267 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.