Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* Administration of Windows Systems within strict security policies and procedures.
* Complete understanding and application on principles, concepts, practices and standards as related to Windows OS.
* Creating accurate, detailed technical procedures and installation instructions.
* Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
* Prepare security documentation for submission to the regulatory agencies as required.
* The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other system administrators and computer/facility organizations.
* Multi-tasking with good communication skills; both verbal and written are a must.
ESCSO Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience or 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
* Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearance (or higher) with an original adjudication, or a periodic re-investigation date, completed within the last 6 years to be considered.
* Current IAM DoD level 1 Security certification (CAP, GSLC or Security CE).
* Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment.
* Windows (Server 2003-2016, Active Directory, GPO management), VMWare (ESXi, vCenter), Xen Desktop, PowerShell.
* Cisco Call Manager.
* Linux (RHEL).
* SAN experience.
* MCSE certificaiton(s).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.