Requisition ID # 15295
Job Category : Engineering / Science; Information Technology; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Business System Specialist, Expert's primary function is to design and maintain departmental database and data to facilitate the day to day operations of the ET Contract Management team. Primarily, that consists of developing a web enabled UI with an MS SQL Server backend. He/She works across functional teams and partners with peers and leaders on requirements gathering and implementation of those requirements.
* BA/BS degree or 4 years of relevant working experience
* 7 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields
* Experience working in all phases of SDLP
* Advanced/Expert experience working in front end technologies
* Advanced/Expert knowledge of full stack development
* MS SQL (T-SQL), APIs, .NET and MVC
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Ability to work independently and part of a team
* Advanced problem solving skills
* Ability to keep pace and contribute to a high performing team.
* Projects are moderately to highly complex and require selecting methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions.
* Designs and documents design and schema and structure of the CMDB
* Designs and creates forms for UI
* Manages SQL Server security
* Supports power users with creation of queries and analysis and reporting.
* Applies judgment solve problems of diverse scope
* Typically receives general instructions on new assignments or projects. Receives little instruction on recurring assignments.
* May assist in coaching and developing less experienced staff and end users of Databases
* Determines data needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to conduct root cause analysis and determine issues.
* Collects data to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements. Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
* Understands business process needs and develops solutions