* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19022480
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Who are we?
The global CTI organization provides services hosted on the IBM Mainframe platform to Citigroup corporate and consumer clients worldwide from its Data Centers in NA, LATAM, EMEA and ASPAC.
In CTI we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
The role of the z/OS Systems Programmer is to be part of a team of technicians providing 'on-site' and 'out of hours' support of the IBM z/OS operating system software and associated OEM products within the CTI Data Centers. The z/OS Systems Programmer also provides support in a consultative role to other teams within Citigroup.
* Identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems and connectivity solutions in line with strategic direction
* Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on systems configuration and integration, performance analysis and optimization
* Design and impact timely delivery of resilient infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements and are stable, resilient, operationally supportable and cost effective
* Impact cost saves and cost avoidance by standardizing design solutions and exploring opportunities to recover unused capacity
* Configure and administer IBM Z/OS mainframe WebSphere software.
* Configuration and administration of WebSphere related 3rd party system software.
* Manage system changes whether infrastructure, hardware or software, within standard CTI control processes and mechanisms.
* Where necessary work with and support other CTI groups to effect end-to-end service provision problem identification and resolution.
* Help to identify, develop and implement new or improved processes to stream line operations, increase quality and/or availability of Services.
* Provide technical support during the normal working day. Provide on-call support and respond within the agreed SLA. Satisfy any on-site support requirements as required.
* Be able to work with and help other members of the group on WebSphere initiatives and problems. This may include being the lead on a server project and working with the application developers to create and improve the servers.
* Monitor the performance of the mainframe Web Servers and instigate remedial action where necessary, adhering to the normal Change Control and escalation procedures.
* Produce clear technical documentation and conform to any audit requirements.
* There is a strong emphasis on good planning and communication. Workload plans should be delivered on time and with detailed accuracy.
* Ensure that you are fully compliant with all local, regional, global and regulatory policies, processes and procedures
Core Role Competencies
* Effective Communications: Is able to effectively communicate in a number of communication settings (one on ones, small groups most commonly), understands the need to adjust to partners, and provides timely and useful information to others across the organization, encouraging open expression of ideas and opinions.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed
* Technical Knowledge: Applies in-depth/comprehensive knowledge of specialty area (s)/subject domain to assume responsibility for large, complex system(s) / initiatives.
* Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
* Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
Skills / Experience Levels
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* Candidate must have 5+years of working experience in similar role.
* The z/OS Systems Programmer should be experienced in the technical disciplines of the z/OS operating system
* Ideal candidate must have familiarity and demonstrated experience of the specialist infrastructure technology domain in an enterprise environment. A technical proficiency includes systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
* Candidate must have project experience in migrating and deploying solutions in the applicable area of technical knowledge/expertise
* Excellent social and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
* Candidate must have a positive, do what it takes attitude to drive success
* Providing a great experience to your internal customers is important to you.
* Detail-oriented individual who has confidence with project tracking, reports, metrics and presentations.
* Strong working experience with Microsoft Office products.
Citigroup is a diversified financial services holding company that provides various financial products and services.