Come join the fast-growing technical team that builds Asana.com.
We're looking for a technical program manager to coordinate projects and collaborate with designers, marketers, sales folks, and product engineers to make Asana.com and our other public websites beautiful, delightful, localized, and compelling.
Our TPMs manage the full lifecycle of projects and programs - from project kick-off and planning to execution and closure - to deliver high-quality services for our stakeholders with predictability and scale.
They bring order to chaos by thinking holistically and foster open collaboration by working with cross-functional project team members to design and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into impactful results. They identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable project management processes, providing the leverage to scale our business.
* Independently facilitate, manage and improve the project initiation and management processes for the web development team
* Partner with the business to understand the organization and its goals in order to determine potential project impact and tailor the plans and deliverables accordingly
* Collaborate with business and technical owners for backlog grooming and sprint planning
* Organize the overall project team and establish clear roles and responsibilities; ensure coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects
* Build strong relationships and trust with stakeholders, keeping them and their teams engaged in the project, e.g. through status reporting and issue management
* Participate in expansion of existing footprint to bring in new technologies, building and responding to RFPs and managing the execution of Statements of Work (SOW)
* Promote project management best practices and train others on PM processes and tools across teams
* Develop and manage program budget including forecasting, ROI, invoicing and vendor management where needed
* 6+ years in a senior project management or program management role leading complex projects
* Agile/scrum master experience in coordinating agile projects spanning web development, software engineering and systems integration
* Proven experience in supporting projects in web development across a range of front end developers with varying levels of experience
* Ability to drive projects in an agile, waterfall or hybrid environment
* Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
* Able to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
* Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project/program management to deliver enterprise-level projects
* Able to team effectively with others and build relationships at all levels, both within the team and with stakeholders
* Hands-on experience with collaboration tools (Asana, Slack, Google, Microsoft, Jira, etc.)
* Experience leading projects/programs in a B2B SaaS organization
* PMP or Scrum certification preferred
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.