Ormco Corporation is seeking a talented software architect for web applications of the Ormco digital solutions.
The Ormco digital solutions is an innovative and highly sophisticated product suite that employs software, hardware, and precision manufacturing processes to create custom orthodontic appliances based on each individual patient's diagnosis and treatment needs.
As a software architect specializing in web applications, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and troubleshooting the full stack of web applications for orthodontic digital products.
On a daily basis, you will be working closely with cross-functional teams of diverse backgrounds/locations including software engineers, project/product managers, case design technicians, manufacturing personnel, as well as orthodontists and dentists, in a flat and nimble organization. You will obtain intimate knowledge in the field of Digital Orthodontics, and essentially become Ormco's expert in web/mobile technologies.
Ormco's work environment is informal, collaborative, and supportive of individual growth in talent and leadership. If you are an ambitious team player with keen problem-solving skills and a desire for continuous learning while working in a fast-paced environment, this may be the place for you.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Own the web stack for digital products which include customer web frontend, database, integration with ERP and MES systems, 3rd party vendors etc
* Lead and coordinate with local and off-shore software development teams throughout the life cycle of web application development
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve urgent issues in production related to web applications
* Lead the documentation efforts in compliance with ISO standards
* Monitor software quality through JIRA
* Participate in the determination and planning of future development direction
* Bachelor's Degree or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* 5 years of industry experience in web application development
* 5 years designing complex Web solutions
* Proficiency in industry standard web technologies such as J2EE, Apache Tomcat, Spring framework, Hibernate, MySQL, etc. Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or Perl is a plus
* 3-5 years Demonstrated skills in network/software troubleshooting involving Windows/Mac OS and various web browsers; overall solid understanding of computer and network systems
* 3-5 years of AWS architecture
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.