Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Web/SharePoint Developer in our Crystal City Office, located in Arlington, VA. The successful applicant will propose innovative solutions that address corporate business strategies in an integrated design approach. This person must be able to think creatively and challenge conventional design thinking over a wide variety of government/Department of Defense related projects. This requires someone who has strong design and problem solving skills and thrives in a cross-functional setting.
* Create conceptual web and data analytics solutions for clients in a professional manner.
* Create Web-based solutions with an emphasis on user-interaction-based design.
* Must be able to translate complex project requirements into simple effective communication.
* Database creation and workflow management
* Effectively communicate with appropriate internal and external contacts including clients, coworkers, and vendors.
* Work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple projects with evolving requirements. Self-manage schedules, tasks, and the tracking and billing of time to clients.
* Use multimedia equipment to document projects and task when applicable.
* Use the latest Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
* Must be able to function in a team-oriented environment and interact with employees and management at all levels.
* Experience managing resources within a budget and project schedule.
* Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
* Experience programming in .NET, C#, ASP.NET,T-SQL, C/C++, XLM
* Experience with SharePoint Development, Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, and workflow creation.
* Experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
* Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture.
* Experience with SharePoint's application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
* Ability to write Stored Procedures, write SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQLdata is desired.
* Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL, and/or SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
* Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
* Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
* Have the ability to show design process including sketches/iterations.
* Translate design material (Photoshop, Sketch) into HTML/CSS
* Create Publication/Long document layouts.
* Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field) or equivalent with 4-7 years of related work experience; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Understanding of database concepts and experience working with databases
* Ability to self-manage numerous assignments and prioritize tasks jQuery, SharePoint CSOM, and SPServices a big plus)
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Secret Clearance
* Adobe Creative Cloud to create clear and concise graphics, multimedia, and data visualizations; including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
* Web media and print media projects from concept to completion.
* Applying a consistent brand amongst a spectrum of formats (brochures, posters, PowerPoint decks, folders, flyers, webpages, etc.).
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1000 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com
ARA is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer.