1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world's largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
What you'll do:
* Be responsible for the quality and testing of Scribd's web application * Identify workflows and scenarios that will affect our users * Author test cases based on user stories and technical specifications * Maintain test cases and/or regression test suites * Log, verify and prioritize detailed defects * Work closely with Squad team members in an Agile environment * Execute manual regression tests in support of our daily deploy to production * Participate in Agile ceremonies (sprint planning, daily scrum, retrospectives) * Perform peer reviews
* 3+ years of Experience testing high-volume, consumer-facing web applications * Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and shifting priorities * Experience testing as part of an Agile team * Ability to review user stories and provide feedback to PMs * Strong verbal and written communication skills both in person and utilizing a team communication
tool such as Slack
* Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and concepts * Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on exceptional service
* Experience working with both MacOS and Windows * BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
What we would love to see (but not required):
* Familiarity testing responsiveness on desktop and mobile web (iOS, Android, and Windows) * Programming experience in any language * Cross browser compatibility test planning and execution * Experience with test case management systems like TestRail * Experience writing SQL commands for querying data for validation * Experience working on Performance and Stress/Load tests * Understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, and JQuery REST APIs, JSON, and XML * Experience with testing web services and API * Exposure to Accessibility testing (WCAG 2.0 AA)
Why we work here
* We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART * Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees * Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December * 401k matching * Paid Parental leave * Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility * Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events * Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants * Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station * Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend! * Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Scribd is a digital library, featuring e-book subscription services on iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet.