Dallas ISD has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Web Manager to drive customer engagement across all Dallas ISD web properties. This individual will manage the district objectives of the websites, overseeing content management and engagement, and monitoring effectiveness of our efforts. The web manager will utilize her/his knowledge of web technologies, techniques and best practices to help position and develop Dallas ISD web properties for the future.
This individual must enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to develop creative solutions, make recommendations, build consensus, and work effectively with technical and non-technical staff. They must be passionate about providing an exceptional user experience for the staff, students, parents, and community. They must be comfortable engaging with stakeholders and partners, be confident in their decision-making and able to move a team forward. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or directly related field and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with proven results, preferably in an urban school district, higher education environment or high-tech industry
* Minimum of 5 years of web development experience as a lead developer and in charge of implementation. Experience leading a team preferred
* Minimum of 5 years proven experience in developing and implementing web-based marketing campaigns
* Exceptional communication and organizational skills
* Highly proficient in data gathering, analysis, and interpretation for digital content (including websites and new media) using a variety of analytical and assessment tools and making recommendations based on the data
* Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, experience with content management systems and other web technologies and standards
* Experience using graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
* Working knowledge of SQL database queries and functions
* Experience in search engine optimization (SEO) with proven results
* Strong knowledge of recognized web coding standards
* Experience in web and marketing analytic tools
* Strong analytical skills to understand what drives results and report to all levels of management
* Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple clients
* Willingness to stay on top of the latest technologies and best practices to build on current skill sets
* Must be focused on providing excellent customer service.
* Provide strategic planning, development, execution, implementation, and measurement related to customer engagement on the district's web properties.
* Partner with communication and marketing teams to create and oversee the effective planning and execution of site content and marketing campaigns to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of all web content publishing.
* Work with designers, photographers and writers to create content that is optimized for the websites and establish policies and procedures for managing content to ensure that it complies with district and technical requirements.
* Direct the implementation of customer experience enhancement projects from defining required functionality, timeline management, deployment, usability testing and analysis, and ongoing refinement.
* Manage the maintenance and development of DallasISD.org, TheHub.DallasISD.org, Staff Page, and related web properties, as well as the district intranet.
* Train campus and department staff on how to best utilize content management system to provide helpful information to parents, students, staff and the general public.
* Track and report on key site metrics measuring effectiveness of programs and engagement.
* Keep current with emerging web technologies and online engagement trends.
* Keep current with applicable state, local and federal website requirements to ensure the district site is fully compliant.
* Lead and coordinate meetings to gain knowledge from system stakeholders to create website solutions.
* Lead districtwide and school sites web redesigns and template updates.
* Reply to user comments and queries in a timely fashion or triage to appropriate personnel.
* Supervise staff.
* Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
* Perform any other tasks and duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer - Human Capital Management.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
If interested apply online at www.dallasisd.org
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).