Summary: Are you looking to join a positive, diverse team to build beautiful, dynamic applications that tackle complex problems for real people? DRIVIN is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate in the used car industry.
As a web engineer, you've had experiences delivering real-time, data-driven web applications and supporting them in production. You can explain your debugging process and how you tackle technical debt. You are comfortable learning and evaluating new languages and libraries.
You are able to demonstrate discipline in promoting and adhering to style guides and developing best practices. You are deeply committed to refactoring and testing your code while keeping other developers in mind. You enjoy conducting peer reviews in the spirit of constructive collaboration. You also have hobbies and interests outside of work!
Your main responsibilities will be the implementation and maintenance of data-rich UI applications across desktop and mobile devices. You will communicate often with platform developers, data engineers, QA, and product owners to set and meet expectations.
Our team is collaborative, creative, and open-minded. Our tech stack is modern, using Amazon AWS to host our environments. Some languages we use include React + Redux, Webpack, and D3. We are proud of our data visualizations and advanced search and filters, which continue to impress our clients and other development teams.
We value an inclusive team environment which supports us in our differences. Our hiring process celebrates candidates from diverse backgrounds. We believe that demonstrated excellence is a transferable skill. Tell us what you've achieved!
* Build, maintain, and update user-facing features for a long-term project
* Apply technical knowledge to advance and scope UI/UX solutions
* Write modular, composable code for flexibility, sharing, and re-use
* Write critical and supplementary unit, integration, and E2E tests before shipping code
* Integrate with shared API services, keeping logic separate from view
* Optimize processes and applications for efficiency and scalability
* Communicate effectively, giving and receiving help as needed
* 3+ years industry experience in frontend development building web applications
* Familiarity with object-oriented and functional programming concepts
* Long-term production support experience with a non-trivial userbase
* Experience dynamically updating UI with asynchronous API payloads
* Experience deeply testing code with unit, integration, and E2E tests
* Experience with version control
* BS/MS in Computer Science (or related field)
* Experience with ES6+, React, Redux, Node, React Native or equivalent
* Experience with Webpack or similar build and compilation tools
* Experience with Git and Git Flow
* Experience with charting libraries for building dynamic visuals
* Experience connecting to RESTful Web Services for data access