The Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com) team is seeking a web developer with a focus on front-end and user experience development. If this is you, you'll join us in our effort to create extraordinary experiences for our technical audiences.
You are passionate about web development, the right user experience and building big systems that can handle a lot of traffic. Additionally, you have the demonstrated ability and prowess to navigate cross-organizational boundaries to build positive relationships with other engineering teams. You are not afraid to get in to the details with homegrown platforms and applications and find their place in our workflow.
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We're spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft's relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
* At least 3 years development experience writing and reviewing code daily in a team environment.
* Experience developing web content that is semantic and fully accessibility compliant
* Experience with responsive web design
* Experience with browser testing and device testing all your work.
* Experience in distributed version control system e.g. Git
* Experience with C++, C#, or Java
* Contributions to the open source community.
* Experience working with a number of content publishing platforms (WordPress, Craft CMS, Expression Engine, etc.).
* Solid understanding of command line tools.
* Presentations and/or published material to the web/mobile development community.
* Experience with unit tests and automated testing
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.