Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You'll Do
* Own mapbox.com from a technical standpoint.
* Serve as the product manager for mapbox.com, owning all aspects of the code (including CMS and CDN) and driving processes for maintenance of the website (including sprint cadence, project prioritization, and organizational training.)
* Build a headless CMS (using Contentful) into the existing website, establish standards for template flexibility and maintenance, and communicate those standards and the recommended update process to the organization.
* Maintain the infrastructure for the website on an ongoing basis, including fixing bugs, maintaining the CDN, providing training and documentation to internal teams for the CMS, and managing underlying tracking and website analytics (including integrations with other systems such as Segment, Marketo, and Salesforce.)
* Manage and service the pipeline of new content and tracking requests for mapbox.com in a timely, prioritized, and strategic fashion, partnering closely with cross-functional teams to do so. Develop a process for prioritizing and completing new projects in the queue and communicate expectations and timeline effectively to internal stakeholders.
* Provide recommendations for and execute on website optimization projects, including using Optimizely (Marketo's real-time personalization platform) to test page layouts, CTA buttons, navigation systems, messaging, etc. to drive key conversion events for the website (sales leads and account sign-ups).
* Propose tests and/or partnerships to improve SEO, performance, and accessibility of the website.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* 4+ years of front-end development experience, with at least 1 year working with React, Vue or Angular
* Experience developing a site with a static generator (such as Jekyll, Hugo, Gatsby) and/or experience with a content management system (such as WordPress, Drupal).
* Experience with a headless content management system (such as Contentful) is a plus.
* Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and landing page optimization and testing a plus.
* Strong focus on clean, accessible code that aligns with web and security standards, and on building high-quality user experience
* Ability to work autonomously on high-impact projects, while keeping cross-functional stakeholders informed at key decision points
* Ability to manage different projects, prioritize tasks, and communicate deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Prone to action, willing to roll up your sleeves and iterate to find the best solution.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is mapping platform for developers.