The web developer participates in the design and development of upgrades to the custom Beckman Coulter application system, Phoenix. The scope of the role includes the following:
* Work with business analysts to evaluate requests for system changes.
* Create detailed designs in order to implement required features.
* Understand business and customer needs and ensure that the requirements meet those needs.
* Understand the runtime configuration of the system.
* Understand integration points with other systems that interface with Phoenix.
* Create implementation plans based on functional and non-functional requirements and provide schedule and effort estimates for system implementation.
* Ability to document the architecture and design, and create targeted presentations to relevant stakeholders.
* Participate in product design meetings.
* Perform hands-on coding, unit testing, integration and other relevant activities.
* Provide support to system testers. Support the bug fixing and maintenance process.
* Use source control and comply with code merging and branching strategy.
Student of an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0. The Internship Program will start in May/June (full time during the summer and then part time during the school year) and this role will allow you to work on an assigned department project with deliverables to enhance your skills.
* Major in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
* Familiarity with Software Object Oriented design and implementation
* Excellent communication and the ability to translate stated and unstated stakeholder needs into non-functional system requirements
* Ability to define and document software interfaces
* Ability to produce code for prototypes and production systems
* Ability to manage implementation of the product
* Ability to learn about, maintain and evolve existing systems and architectures
* Ability to present complex technical information to diverse audiences
* Team player, ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, with geographically dispersed team members (including the offshore teams)
* Self-starter, ability to envision solutions and take initiative to see the solution to the end despite challenges
* Ability to think strategically under the given constraints and under pressure
* Must have experience in the following:
* Good documentation skills
* Java / J2EE /JEE5
* Performance testing and tuning
* DevOps, CI/CD experience
* Oracle PL/SQL
* REST and Microservice Architecture
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.