Responsible for the design, development and creation of user-centered designs for the company's Web sites. Responsibilities include human factors engineering, heuristic evaluations and usability testing for Web-based applications as well as metrics setting and monitoring for assessing the usability of the Web application. Uses a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools. Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special-effects elements. Works to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Web sites in collaboration with graphic designers, product managers, engineering staff and other Web designers. Conduct user studies, design and perform usability tests, create prototypes, and provide ad hoc user interface consulting. Contributes to the design group's efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization's online offerings.
The Web Developer / Web Designer, under the supervision of the Director of Creative, Web, and Media Services, is responsible for:
* Maintenance of the newly built NYU Tandon website in Drupal 8
* Continued maintenance of the GitHub repo, pull requests, approval process, and user management
* Support and development for microsite template built on Wordpress multisit
* Management of student workers
* Working closely with dev-ops for best server deployment
* Maintenance of the overall look and feel of the Tandon brand style guide on Tandon websites
* Maintenance of accessibility standards meeting WCAG 2.0 Level AA Compliance on Tandon websites
* Keeping up to date with latest front-end tools, mastery of mobile-first approach to web development
* Maintenance of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Basic working knowledge of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel. Basic understanding of security best practices as related to web development. Good oral and written communications skills and a strong customer service ethic. Experience working in a team development environment.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity