Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer to join our team.
* Develops Web based applications, including online customer service, to enable agency components to deliver their services online.
* Develops the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the web-site.
* Provides support for the implementation of interfaces to Web-based applications.
* Performs all functional duties independently.
* Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* 8+ years advanced computer programming skills in Java/J2EE/, Web Services and APIs
* 2+ years advanced computer programming skills in JSF 2.x/RichFaces/PrimeFaces
* 3+ years of advanced computer programming skills in Spring/Hibernate
* Advanced working skills in programming with SQL.
* 5+ years of experience in systems analysis and working closely with business customer
* Experience with Subversion, code versioning and change management concepts
* Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, unit testing and implementation)
* Experience with requirements definition and specifications design
* Experience analyzing functional requirements in Sprints to write component detailed design technical documents.
* Able to design and build systems that are integrated with other client systems
* Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development •
* Advanced working skills with IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle WebLogic technologies
* Experience with Eclipse IDE.
* Experience with WebSphere Liberty.
* Experience with Maven, Sonar and Jenkins
* Experience with ColdFusion programming knowledge using CFML, CFScript and/or CFCs. Fusebox framework knowledge or experience.
* Experience in projects where code is translated from one language to JAVA/JSF.
* Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
* Able to adhere to client development standards
* Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
* Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Herndon, VA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.