Company Job Title:
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Web Developer support the Corporate Analytical and Visualization Environment (CAVE) development as well as support and develop customer requirements at NGA locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop, integrate, and maintain complex and diverse software systems.
* Design, implement, and integrate software applications or perform software engineering tasks for various NGA applications
* Provide recommendations to NGA for the software components of system design to include:
* Hardware/software trade-offs
* Software reuse
* Use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development
* Requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
* Recommend and build software solutions to support NGA needs.
* Utilize software engineering and design methodologies, appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
* Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manage large scale, integrated software projects
* Perform or participate in NGA security testing with cio-T to validate the effective implementation of security controls over time
* Assist the government in directing web developers/administrators in developing and modifying computer applications software, interfaces, or specialized utility programs.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
* 2 years experience in web software development
* Experience with back-end architecture and/or front-end, user experience design.
* Experience creating and maintaining test scripts, configuration and maintenance documentation, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Directly related experience in software engineering, web development, software testing, systems administration, and database administration
* TS/SCI Clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong working knowledge of NGA concepts and practices with regards to software development, integration, operations and maintenance
* Self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
* Ability to handle frequent feedback
* Ability to thrive in a team environment, communicate effectively, and work well under pressure
* Ability to write and maintain web applications
* Ability to build various data processing applications to capture, search, share, store, transfer, visualize, query, and update information
* Ability to analyze root causes and resolves issues with applications and information systems
* Ability to use documented requirements to develop, integrate, and maintain complex and diverse software systems using processing-intensive analytics, algorithm development, and the real-time transfer of information between databases or information systems.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Ability to understand, track, drill-down and questions activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data
* Ability to travel as required
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and Holidays as required
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.