We seek a talented web developer to join a strong technology team responsible for the implementation and improvement of highly visible websites and services.
This eCommerce Web Applications Developer is responsible for web applications, sales tools, and customer care systems. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced web development environment utilizing both PHP and Java technologies to build business critical high availability web sites and services. This person will design, build and maintain end-to-end solutions based on business functional requirements. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer focused results oriented, and passionate about delivering innovative quality services to our customers.
Job Responsibilities (specific duties):
* Develop applications based upon customer requirements and industry standards
* Participate in design and code reviews and write required design and analysis documents for the applications
* Interact with test/quality assurance engineers to define test plans, identify and reproduce defects and provide fixes as needed
* Prepare builds and deployment packages, along with associated deployment and operational documentation covering errors and recovery procedures
* Maintain existing applications and work on support issues from intake through development of the solution
* Build and maintain close relationships with internal customers and CRM/Billing vendor to ensure efficient development processes are being followed and are on schedule
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to understand end-user needs and user experience
* A desire to work in a fast paced environment
* A proactive attitude, ability to work independently and as a member of a team and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technology
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong cross-browser compatibility chops
* Extensive experience developing modular front-end code
* Be extremely efficient; being able to manage multiple projects at once
* Good written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
* Be detail oriented and have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology
* A minimum of three (3) years experience with information technology application development
* Programming languages: PHP/Java or strong OO experience with a passion for open source development
* Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle)
* OOA/OOD experience
* Knowledge of SOA approaches and design patterns, as well as prior experience developing web services in a SOA based technical environment is required
* Capable of building J2EE web services (SOAP) and other components, as well as integrations to legacy applications and data stores
iSoftStone is an award-winning global consulting and IT outsourcing firm. With over 13,000 employees globally and growing, iSoftStone has uniquely integrated consulting services, technology services and business process outsourcing for true end-to-end solutions. Our delivery model combines onshore innovation and expertise with offshore programming and development to deliver the highest value to our clients.
iSoftStone prides itself on our ability to partner with clients to deeply understand their industry dynamics and business challenges, in order to find solutions. Internally, we understand that our success is driven by our great team and work environment. We have even received awards for being one of the best places to work by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're creative, energetic, and motivated by our clients' successes. If you share our passion for delivering innovative technology solutions and want to work for a great company, get in touch. We're always looking for the next big talent.
iSoftStone offers a salary commensurate with experience, an enjoyable and fun work environment, an extensive benefits package, 3 weeks of paid time off, and observed holidays.