At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Digital Banking Technology is looking for a senior front-end engineer to build and expand the next generation of our Front-end developer framework. This position will be leading the optimization of the framework from a full stack perspective and will be responsible for developing best of breed approach for development of modern web applications.
Our team is building the front-end platform that is modernizing Wells Fargo's Wholesale Banking front-end codebase while enforcing website performance optimization best practices, encapsulating the minutia of cross browser compatibility, supporting accessibility and cross web applications consistency and focusing on progressive enhancement by enabling a "mobile first" approach. This library is central in improving Wells Fargo Wholesale's customer facing websites and is leading the way for innovating for the future.
You will be working with a small team of highly talented senior font-end developers, and with cross-functional teams across the company to develop best in class shared component libraries for desktop and mobile web applications.
You will also interact with different partners (FED, QA, UX) and provide guidance on web application architecture, optimization and accessibility requirements.
* 10+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
* 7 + years of experience developing web applications utilizing HTML 5
* 7+ years of web design and development experience
* 3 + years of experience in developing enterprise web applications using React JS with Redux
* Programming and development of web applications experience
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* 7+ years of web applications experience
* Knowledge and understanding of accessibility methods and standards, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), or section 508 compliance guidelines
* Agile experience
* Git or GitHub experience
* Knowledge and understanding of Linux
* Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm, Yarn
* Experience with Windows or Mac OS-X set up and usage for React JS development
* Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: solutions for web applications and web services
* Knowledge and understanding of application profiling and performance tuning of highly scalable and available systems
Other Desired Qualifications
* Experienced in web security and internationalization.
* Ability to offer high level and detailed guidance on architectural, design and development options with proof of concept code wherever required.
* Experience in applying Styles to React Components.
* Thorough understanding of ES6, ES7, ES8 /newer specifications of ECMAScript.
* Ability to work outside of regular business hours
* Flexibility to adjust work schedule in accordance to the time zone for the market you are supporting
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.