At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo is hiring a Senior Developer to join our team to develop innovative best-in-industry micro-services and Big Data implementation used by our internal and external clients providing financial services to millions of customers. She/he will be part of an agile team to solve challenging and interesting technical problems.
In this position, the Developer will apply Wells Fargo Digital coding practices to test-drive the creation of micro-services with Java, JEE, JUnit, Spring, RESTful services. The Developer participates in the growth of a framework that has to deliver 20+ million daily user sessions to very large set of devices used by our diverse customer base, from the oldest web browser to the newest smart watch. Web Developers have the confidence and skill to write code that works in ways our customers expect.
The Web Developer will contribute new ideas to improve processes, practices and style. Digital Capability engineers have the opportunity to innovate and experiment with new technology, participate in contests & hackathons, and encouraged to present work to other organizations.
This position is part Digital Channels Technology (DCT) group that manages Wells Fargo Retail Online Banking serving 40+ million customers 24/7/365 days. Our Mission is to support our company's Vision & Values by delivering; maintaining and supporting high quality software solutions that provide our customers with outstanding digital experiences that will help them manage their financial needs.
The development tasks associated with this role include but are not limited to the following:
* Design, construct, test, tune, and deploy Micro Services and Data Pipelines
* Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop solutions.
* Research and experiment with emerging ETL technologies and tools related to Big Data.
* Key technical data centric resource on team building sophisticated and complex data
* 10+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
* 7+ years of JavaEE experience
* 7+ years of Java experience
* 7 + years of Java Web Services experience
* 7 + years of Core Java experience
* 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Enterprise
* 5+ years of SQL experience
* 2+ years of MQ Series Messaging experience
* Programming and development of web applications experience
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
* Ability to design, develop, and implement large scale/complex software applications
* Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
* Experience with real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
* Extensive Experience working Java 8
* Worked with Open API 3.0
* Worked with JSON schema
* Experience in building RESTful services with JAX-RS
* Worked with build automation tool like Maven or Gradle
* Experience working with nosql database like MongoDB or Cassandra
* Ability to work additional hours as needed
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.