The successful candidate will be part of a team supporting the continued evolution, development, and application of aviation analysis tools in order to assess the performance of the NAS. In addition, the candidate will help apply these analytical tools in order to identify trends and to report those trends to FAA and the airline industry using modern data visualization tools and techniques.
1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering (civil, electrical, software, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, or computer - where algorithm development, data analysis, and data presentation have been employed).
2. Ten (10) years of relevant experience with a BS; Seven (7) years of relevant experience with a MS; Three (3) years of relevant experience with a PhD.
3. Knowledge and skills to develop defendable mathematical models for NAS system performance and implement them in software
5. Significant experience applying modern software development concepts and technologies, including Object-Oriented (OO) and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
6. Willingness to learn and enthusiasm for solving interesting, impactful, national problems
7. Strong written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to work effectively in a diverse and dynamic R&D environment
1. Knowledge and experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, ArcGIS
2. Familiarity with FAA flight and trajectory databases such as ASPM, TFMS, PDARS
3. Ability to apply statistical analysis techniques and tools where needed
4. Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools and methods, including programming experience in Matlab, Python, R, or other modeling tools/languages
5. Experience in the field of aviation and air traffic control operations is desired, particularly from the perspective of data analysis
6. Strong abilities in critical thinking, technical writing, and delivering oral presentation
Bachelor's Degree in engineering (civil, electrical, electronic, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, or computer from a college or university with a degree curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
This position is located in Washington, DC and relocation compensation is not available for this position. To apply for this position, visit us at www.cssiinc.com/careers.
CSSI, Inc. partners with government and commercial clients to ensure transportation systems are designed and equipped to safely and efficiently move people and materials. Leveraging deep roots in aviation, CSSI, Inc. pioneers innovative analytics and best practices that enhance productivity, decrease costs, and improve safety. Founded in 1990, CSSI, Inc. employs nearly 200 professionals, has offices in three locations and supports clients throughout the United States and globally.
CSSI is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical impairment, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)