The Web Content Manager is responsible for overseeing the management and growth of the MGH Institute's website, creating engaging new content and refreshing existing content. The role supports strategic messaging initiatives, enhancing the reputation and visibility of the Institute. A natural collaborator able to work with multiple stakeholders, the Web Content Manager has exceptional web editorial skills as well as strong technical and visual knowledge of the web. In addition, the incumbent will be the Office of Strategic Communications' point person for a website redesign project expected to commence in summer 2019. The Web Content Manager works closely with the IT Department's Director of Technology & Web Services to ensure that content is optimized for the user experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Planning, scheduling, and executing content strategies by collaborating with senior Institute leadership, academic departments, development, enrollment services, student and alumni services, using best web practices.
* Managing new content development initiatives by collaborating with various subject-matter experts: providing editorial strategy and support, including creative and effective copy, and ensuring a consistent editorial voice.
* Assisting content contributors from various academic programs and departments to ensure engaging prose and a consistent brand message.
* Collaborate with communications colleagues to maximize visibility of newly-created video, photography, and news stories on website.
* Developing and managing processes, standards, and procedures, including style sheets and workflow, to ensure quality of copy.
* Overseeing quality assurance and accessibility issues to be in compliance with ADA standards of Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG).
* Sourcing, creating, and designing digital asset library.
* Being the point person in the Office of Strategic Communications (OSC) for a website redesign project. Scope of work will include working with IT and outside vendors.
* Working with the Director of Technology & Web Services use SEO and web analytics data to enhance the production and deployment of content consistent with the Institute's strategic communications messaging.
* Represent OSC in collaboration with IT web services and outside web developers, to plan, manage, and track web-based initiatives, including building and enhancing functionality and triaging issues that arise with website performance.
* Performing other related duties, including editing/styling/rewriting/proofreading copy for other projects in OSC.
No direct supervision of other employees, but will supervise specific projects as well as activities of bloggers, temporary workers or graduate assistants.
Fast-paced office environment, working with important constituents such as senior leadership, program directors, trustees, and alumni.
Education and Experience Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Liberal Arts or a related subject.
* 4 years of experience writing and editing in a digital environment.
* 2 years of web content development experience, including knowledge of web development tools, content management systems, content architecture, design, and production procedures. Knowledge of the Drupal operating system is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to stay up to date with evolving trends in digital storytelling and analytics.
* Strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* Experience in higher ed and/or health care preferred.
* Strong communication skills, oral and written
* Exceptional copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading skills
* Strong interpersonal and listening skills
* Familiarity with AP and ALA style conventions
* Project management competencies, creativity, innovation, and strategic agility
* Time management - Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects.
* Proficient with HTML, and formatting
* Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* Proficient with User testing
* Proficient in content management software skills
* Proficient in web analytics and accessibility issues
* Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment
* Proficient in WCAG preferred
* Proficient in Drupal
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.