Web Content Creator
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Serves as the technology advocate for employees and students at the University. Develops and provides in person and online training to employees and students on topics such as SharePoint. Create and review all on line training materials (web based, videos, etc). Strong understanding of how to create digital content within the parameters of multiple media platforms. Also have strong knowledge of blog writing, social media writing and writing copy while following SEO principles.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Creates web based training resources for all technology trainings offered to employees and students including multimedia materials.
* Write and edit content for a variety of digital communication channels including email appeals, newsletters, website appeals, blog posts, and social media.
* Monitor engagement.
* Convert all training materials (that are not web based) into an online trainings.
* Contribute towards team knowledge repository, documenting standards/best practices and evaluating productivity and/or media creation tools.
* Create photo and/or video content for websites.
* Conduct some individual training sessions.
Education & Experience
* BS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
* 1-2 years of on line technology and/or training experience.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
* Intermediate people skills are required, including active listening skills that check for mutual understanding in order to gauge the effective transfer of knowledge.
* Ability to anticipate questions and respond with specific, effective answers.
* Must be familiar with different types of learning styles and must be able to adjust accordingly.
* Intermediate research skills are required in order to successfully learn new software in order to provide effective training to employees.
* Must be a self-motivated life-long learner.
* Must be able to acquire knowledge independently and become proficient with the content management and multi media creation tools quickly.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* The ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be able to create and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal, communications, and customer service skills.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the "My Activities" tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.