Web Application Specialist
Req #: 222370
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: None
CACI is currently looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our TSA IT Management, Performance Analysis, and Collaborative Technologies (IMPACT) team in the National Capital Region (NCR) and throughout the United States. CACI will provide a variety of IT services through IMPACT including cyber security, identity and access management, risk management, cloud integration and engineering, field support services, service desk, application deployment and optimization, and operations center support services. CACI will support TSA in both classified and unclassified IT operational environments increasing availability and security for a variety of applications and systems. IMPACT services will integrate with the broader DHS mission and enhance existing Department-wide IT capabilities.
What You'll Get to Do:
CACI is hiring Web Emergency Operation Center Crisis Information (WebEOC) Application Specialists to join our team supporting DHS. The WebEOC application specialist is responsible for supporting the requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and implementation of TSA's WebEOC application. The WebEOC application specialist must have a strong background in HTML and outstanding communication skills with user support experience. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, supporting, quality assurance testing and upgrading TSA's WebEOC application.
More About the Role:
* Responsible for assisting users and managing the WebEOC helpdesk by responding to user questions, troubleshooting user issues, and generating user support standard operating procedures
* Execute and generate standard operating procedures to maintain and improve the application and team
* Ensure that development projects (e.g. Web boards) and debugging efforts meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify and resolve systems issues
* Support and/or lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating customer requirements and release specifications in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendation
* Collaborate with analysts, DBAs, Project Leads, designers and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications for quality assurance
* Operate within an Agile development team
* Responsible for coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process
* Provide full life cycle support in maintaining and enhancing TSA's WebEOC application
* Assist with project management responsibilities as needed
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Ability to obtain a DHS Entrance on Duty (EOD)
* US Citizenship required
* An active DHS Entrance on Duty (EOD) is required to begin employment and must be maintained as a requirement of continued employment
* University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent, with minimum 5 years' related work experience
* Direct experience in software development and/or programming design and systems management
* At least 1 Year of experience with HTML, CSS and Java script
* Strong communication skills, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices on issues related to the design, development, deployment and debugging of this mission-critical information and software system
* Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to handle continual interaction with clients, managers, and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment
* Knowledge of how to work in an Agile based development environment, utilizing SCRUM, Kanban, providing Story Points, etc.
* Detail oriented - must be able to recognize critical elements of successful engineering operations and hold themselves and their teams accountable for meeting those critical elements
* Flexible - The environment is highly dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness
* Team Player - This role is part of a much larger team ensuring WebEOC customer requirements are met in a timely fashion
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Relevant DHS focused experience
* Experience supporting WebEOC application
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.