Search for more jobs
Web Application Software Engineer in Test Intern
* Job: 19494-KCAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Duration: 4 months (begins May 2019)
As a web application software engineer in test intern, you will design and implement tools and tests to improve the functionality, scalability, and reliability of large-scale distributed applications. You will work closely with the Engineering, QE, Usability, and Documentation teams while qualifying bug fixes and new features. Specific tasks will include developing automated test suites, performing hands-on testing, debugging test failures, entering defects into the defect tracking database, verifying bug fixes, and collecting metrics.
You will have the opportunity to learn about MathWorks products and software development processes. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Designing and developing tools, infrastructure, and test automation for functional and performance test suites using Ruby, Scala, and Java
* Creating and maintaining automated and manual test suites
* Improving continuous integration system and processes
* Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
* Experience with Java
* Strong communication skills
* Experience with continuous integration systems such as Maven or TeamCity
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
* Independent and self-motivated
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.