Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Conduent is seeking a Web Administrator as part of a dedicated support team in Germantown, Maryland.
The Web Administrator will administer Web applications & Web Servers (e.g. Bitvise, WebSphere, Pivotal (TC Server Rabbit MQ & Redis), Apache Tomcat, Oracle Middleware (OBIEE, OSB & WebLogic), IIS, SFTP, Bitvise WINSSHD) and other various Web Applications and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the Web Applications infrastructure running on Windows or Linux/UNIX, Azure/Cloud operating systems. Experience is required for most if not all applications noted above.
Job Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Install and configure the applications noted above
* Configure high availability for web applications as required
* Perform upgrades
* Perform patching
* Provide maintenance on legacy and current web applications
* Configure, maintain and create monitoring alerts for all instances/servers
* Aid in performance tuning for the given environments
* Develop and support scripts for automation (starting and stopping)
* Build and Configure all environments i.e. Development, QA, UAT, Pre Prod and production as needed
* Support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
* Participate in team meetings and training, as required
* Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
* Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
* Must understand java runtime environment concepts such as heap memory, thread dumps, garbage collection, etc., in regard to the applications being supported
* Able to produce statistical data/charts/graphs using Microsoft Office and or other software, as directed
* Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
* Five or more years' experience working as a Web Administrator
* Strong proficiency with Bitvise, Pivotal (TC Server Rabbit MQ & Redis), Apache Tomcat, Oracle Middleware (OBIEE, OSB & WebLogic), IIS, SFTP, Bitvise WINSSHD) Windows or Linux/UNIX, Azure/Cloud operating systems.
* Two or more years' experience with Weblogic & WebSphere
* Experience with Apache web server setup and configuration
* Experience with Java application support and troubleshooting
* Strong experience working with Java based web servers and applications
* Experience working with Windows, Red Hat, Linux/UNIX, Azure/Cloud environments
* Experience with high availability and failover concepts and implementation
* Ability to understand and interface with infrastructure and development organizations and internal business owners
Desired Experience (but not required):
* Experience with Oracle Application servers (11g or higher) strongly preferred
* Background in Web Administration, best practices and standard procedures strongly preferred
* Experience with App Dynamics and or other monitoring tools preferred
* High School Diploma
* Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Web Design or Computer Science preferred
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.