We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Weapon System Engineer
The Weapon System Engineer works at Bell Helicopter's headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX, and will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
* Develop and integrate a Weapons and Storage Management System addressing the Customer's requirements
* Plan and perform test and verification activities including: system performance, environmental qualification, safety, and production functional tests.
* Collaborate with other teams and transferring knowledge gained on advanced technology
* Interact with internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
* Guide the successful resolution of engineering problems, serves as a consulting resource of engineering knowledge, and apply the latest technological advancements to the problem.
* Document findings, communicate results to engineering staff, make technical presentations, and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small identifiable projects.
* Bachelor's Degree is required.
* Major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering will be considered with sufficient software development experience.
* Master's Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above is preferred.
* Requires minimum 3 years of experience in subject matter technical areas.
* Requires subject matter technical expertise, technical leadership, and experience on multiple engineering projects.
* Recent experience integrating AIM-120 preferred
* Recent experience integrating GBU-39, GBU-53 preferred
* Required to obtain and hold a Secret level security clearance.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.