Wayfair Operations Center Engineer
Wayfair operates a 24/7/365 Operations Center and we are looking for motivated and talented individuals to help improve the way that we operate. We have a wide range of roles and tasks within the team that runs the gamut from owning and improving our infrastructure monitoring platforms to working on automation projects to writing new platforms. We are primarily a project oriented team with our core focus being the monitoring and improvement of our production systems across our infrastructure.
What You'll Do
* Help the Ops team troubleshooting issues and get them closer to root cause with an eye on preventing them from recurring or resolving them faster
* Researching new technologies and systems that could improve how the WOC or Engineering as a whole operates
* Handle project work as assigned
What You'll Need
* Network troubleshooting and concepts, such as proxy servers and load balancing
* Monitoring software such as Datadog, ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana, Zabbix or any other Infrastructure monitoring solutions
* Linux, Bash, and general comfort with the command line
* Experience writing in an object oriented language (PHP, Java, etc.)
* Time series data platforms like Graphite, Grafana, InfluxDB
* Experience with distributed systems like Kafka or Zookeeper as well as automation frameworks like Puppet or Chef
* Experience with troubleshooting complex distributed applications
* You are self-directed and highly analytical
* You want to expand your skills and always be learning new things
* You are not afraid to question how things are being done
* You can communicate well with other technical people
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.