Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is an opportunity to be a member of a team that will help develop, test, and enhance the latest wireless communications systems for the U.S. military. The successful candidate will be a member of the U.S. Government's most successful and dynamic software radio laboratory teams and will provide critical support to the advancement of technology that ensures success to our military forces. SRC is seeking dynamic and motivated team members to join us in this critical effort.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technology available. This will be a multi-year long term project conducted in a top notch facility in which you will be at the forefront of defining new technology for Navy Defense.
This position is located in the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWAR) -- Pacific, which is in the San Diego, CA metropolitan area.
The employee will fill the technical position of Engineer on Network Management Reference Implementation Laboratory (NMRIL) program in San Diego, CA.
* Provide technical expertise and oversight to other engineers as well as sponsors in technical meetings, working groups, conferences, and program reviews
* Maintain skills current with trends in industry and the government and keeps abreast of new developments in their field in order to best support and advise the customers
* Ensure that all assigned tasks meet DoD guidelines, and are completed according to schedule
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have a detailed knowledge of SDR-based military radio systems as well as an ability to design and test these systems
* Should have detailed experience in RF theory and practice, and familiarity with current military radio standards
* Demonstrated experience in the development and/or test of military radio systems
* Knowledge of SDR standards such as the Software Communications Architecture (SCA)
* Ability to effectively communicate via oral, and written communications with senior management and technical staff
* The ability to work multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in an efficient manner
* Knowledge of engineering methods in order to investigate and provide expert technical advice on aspects of technical and operations of electronic systems being developed for military applications
* Knowledge and experience of military communications systems including physical layer techniques, error control coding, MAC techniques, and wireless communication protocols
* Experience with SDR waveform software such as WNW, SRW, SINCGARS, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of the Multi-User Objective System (MUOS) waveform is strongly desired
* Knowledge and experience with Software Designed Radios (SDRs) in areas such as software porting and the Software Communications Architecture (SCA)
* Knowledge and experience with the Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI) model, User requirements, and/or embedded software systems
* Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE