Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Secure and Safe World
Are you a Help Desk Representative with experience in Electronic Security Systems seeking opportunities to do your part on a national level? Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering, Technical Services, Electronic Security Systems, and Cyber Security. We provide complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and space markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally-enabled defense, security, and infrastructure solutions. We are looking for a warranty help desk representative with the right multi-disciplinary experience to help us build our team to support the FAA SSDI-II contract and deliver timely results to our customers. Will you meet the challenge and help us Deliver a Better World?
Under direct supervision, provides remote technical support to end users of Parsons software, personal computers, workstations and related hardware. Assignments involve standard issues, questions and problems that can be resolved by applying established techniques and procedures. IT Subject matter Expert (SME) for a specific role within the service desk. Works with peers on other IS teams to perform SME duties.
* Provide warranty tracking information to FAA end users of Parsons installed security systems and devices.
* Answers end user IT questions and troubleshoots standard IT issues, questions, problems and failures with Parsons hardware, software, peripherals or workstations, remotely via telephone, email or Instant Messenger.
* Recognizes, categorizes and isolates end user questions, issues and problems; either resolves the situation or refers it to more senior Service Desk staff or logs it to be sent to a warranty repair team.
* Researches and develops solutions for standard software and hardware questions, issues, problems and failures.
* Maintains a good general knowledge of the MIS environment and the technologies associated with individual computers, workstations, software and associated hardware as well as the Parsons standard security system configurations.
* Follows Parsons Policies, procedures and standards in responding to end user requests and providing end user support.
* Documents and reports all service requests and their outcome, following standard Parsons procedures and practices.
* Provides Service Desk on-call support for non-business hours (Weekends and Holidays).
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position that may be appropriate.
High school diploma and 2-4 years of related work experience providing support to end users, working in an IT support role or working in the MIS environment (or an equivalent combination of work experience and education).
One or more Microsoft or Cisco Certifications appropriate for position is required.
A knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications as well as knowledge of personal computer technology, including a variety of computer models, printers and peripherals.
Familiarity with the MIS environment and knowledge of the assigned area.
Good customer service skills.
Ability to identify, analyze and resolve common technical issues, questions and problems with the standard Parsons security system hardware and software configurations.
Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak well in basic professional situations (may include communication via telephone or in person). Ability to write basic documents (may include email or memos). Typically communicates with a limited group of individuals (employees and some managers) throughout the organization and may occasionally communicate with those outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.