We are recruiting for a Distribution Systems Support Engineer to join our team at our Aurora, IL distribution center. The hours for this position are 4 PM - 1 AM
This position is responsible for the system administration, technical support, uptime, and continuous improvement of several integrated systems that control and automate that pharmaceutical distribution center fulfillment process. Strong verbal and written communication, demonstrated analytical and technical problem-solving skills, and the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment are essential to be successful in this role. Previous experience being a self-starter and exercising sound judgment in high pressure situations is required.
A typical week is Sunday-Thursday and a typical day starts at 4pm and ends at 1am.
Routine work days consist of system checks, walking, standing, and climbing stairs to perform physical observations of conveyor flow, system monitoring, assigned projects and tasks, support calls, troubleshooting problems, end user engagement, virtual and face-to-face meetings, status updates and individual development.
Travel up to 20 - 25% is required for meetings, training, and projects. Onsite support will be provided to the Chicagoland Distribution Center and remote support will be provided to a global network of distribution centers. Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays. Additionally, rotate 24x7 on-call duties with members of team.
Typically has 4+ years relevant experience
* Expertise in one or more areas of IT such as Microsoft administration, virtual computing administration, or networking administration
* Experience with setup and configuration of server and desktop hardware
* Efficient and effective troubleshooting skills in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to perform detailed root cause analysis
* Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, OSI Model, TCP/IP protocols and client-server applications
* Strong troubleshooting skills of integrated multi-tiered systems and applications
* Solid understanding of relational databases and connectivity protocols
* Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and decommissioning
* Use of basic tools such as screw drivers, wrenches, ratchets, sockets
* Lift, unbox, rack servers, mount PCs and peripherals, perform cable management
* Observation or troubleshooting of devices above ground level from a lift
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, internal customers, management, contractors and vendors.
* Microsoft MCSE, Active Directory
* Advanced virtualization systems administration skills, VCP or equivalent
* Linux+, Network+, Server+ certification or equivalent
* PLC Knowledge and support
* Experience with warehouse control systems, material handling systems, automation systems and equipment
* Knowledge of cyber security threats, vulnerabilities and mitigation tactics
* Basic understanding of distribution and fulfillment processes
* Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
* Ability to manage high priority projects
* Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles
* Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
* Ability to stand/walk for 8-10 hours per day
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.