What you'll be doing...
This position is with the Enterprise Vulnerability Management team. The selected candidate will work on scanning solutions (operating and deploying), impact investigations for identified vulnerabilities and oversee the effectiveness of vulnerability remediation. It is critical that this individual apply a process-driven approach but equally important that they must be able to interact with multiple levels of leadership and build positive, collaborative working relationships. Success will require a broad technical knowledgethat will enable the selected candidate to understand vulnerabilities, their exposure techniques and compensating controls across the full stack of technologies.
* Evaluation of reported "bugs"/vulnerabilities to ensure appropriate triage.
* Facilitate work efforts related to vulnerability scanning deployment and operations.
* Work with and evolve the Security Operations toolsets and reporting to provide better vulnerability insight and create effective communications and reporting.
* Identify opportunities to enhance the asset inventory, or better enrich vulnerability data. Conduct ongoing research to help validate completeness or identify "gaps".
* Oversee multi-departmental investigations into vulnerability impact or remediation. Provide comprehensive analysis back to leadership.
* Compile documentation of and conduct training on the program processes and procedures.
* Follow-up with owners to ensure remediation efforts are consistent with SLA/policy. Escalation for noncompliance.
* Definition, measurement and reporting on operational KPIs.
* Presentation to cross-functional stakeholders and Sr. leadership to ensure the awareness of and ongoing success of the vulnerability reporting and management programs.
* Keep abreast of current cyber security and technology news and trends.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in cyber-security and/or Security Operations.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in a vulnerability management program.
* Experience working with a bug bounty program.
* Knowledge of security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities.
* Experience to the full stack of information technologies and associated security models - including server/OS, database, hardware, network devices, user compute, application/SDLC, cloud, etc.
* Knowledge with common security frameworks (SOX, NIST, FISMA, etc.)
* Multi-departmental project/program management experience.
* Experience working with cyber security and vulnerability management at a large company.
* Strong analytical problem solving skills, detail oriented and organized approach, excellent communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to translate client and program needs into achievable requirements.
* Experience with a bug bounty program, or engagement with the security researcher community.
* Knowledge of compliance best practices and knowledge in implementing programs for maintaining compliance for a highly regulated business environment.
* Experience working with a non-IT business segment.
* Experience within the telecommunications industry.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.