Our vision for Alexa is to create the smartest and most entertaining digital personal assistant.
Our team empowers experience makers, key partners/brands, entrepreneurs, and developers to leverage Alexa to create exciting, new, voice-first multimodal experiences and interactions, or Skills, across a variety of Alexa-enabled devices for their customers. This Seattle, WA, based role is a unique opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, voice designers, design technologists, and UX researchers who are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers who are shaping the future of human-machine interfaces.
You help developers build engaging skills and conversational AI design for Alexa, by designing tools and workflows, many of which are for the first time.
You lead by doing and have a passion for solving problems at massive scale. You excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. You are a proven strategic thinker and collaborator who flourishes in a large organization. You sincerely believe that design is more than how something looks, but also how it feels and functions. You enjoy great design debates and thrive on iterating based on customer feedback.
You will be working with other stakeholders on various aspects of Alexa capabilities and functionalities. You empathize with skill-builders and customers and thrive to shape the future of voice and multi-modal interaction for people across the globe.
You'll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, and technologists that can envision, create, and execute ideas from start to end.
We are looking for a voice designer and a leader who can:
* Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, program, and engineering teams from design concept to design solution, setting Voice and UX guidelines, creating assets, and aiding in bug fixes to ensure bar-raising quality all the way to market.
* Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to fulfill the vision
* Use various inputs to identify and define exciting new concepts, opportunities, and customer problems.
* Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product's objectives
* Inspire, mentor, and lead a variety of designers on the User Experience team
* Create pattern libraries, templates, and tools for a variety of users on our platform
* Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.