VP, Site Reliability Engineering
Req #: 190054688
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges. Our Senior Site Reliability Engineer have a full understanding of the hardware and software architecture of the applications within the end to end business flow and are responsible for guiding/implementing operational technologies in next gen solutions while driving down current technical debt. Working in an Agile DevOps model with Architecture, Operations, Application Development and Infrastructure engineers, they pro-actively develop reusable patterns/solutions that enhance the health and performance of our global platforms, and identify/solve chronic technical issues. They ensure that the developed solutions address non-functional requirements including: • Performance and Interoperability Requirements • Application scalability/Capacity Management • Standards, best practices and Compensating Controls • Solution designs that are fit for purpose • Logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, self-healing • High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, Chaos Engineering • Service and Operational Level Agreements • Application Knowledge Support Artifacts, etc.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and skills including:
* Strong curiosity and bias for pro-active planning, action, ownership, learning and continuous improvement.
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to cultivate relationships with all internal/external stakeholders, promoting diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures.
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas, problem/solution/business value descriptions that can be understood by a broad audience in a time sensitive environment.
* 10+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
* 4+ years' experience with building large scale big data applications
* Provide technical leadership with solutions architecture and building frameworks
* Experience building Data Lake using Cloudera or Hortonworks distributions
* Hands-on experience in HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn & Hive
* Extensive experience in Spark leveraging Python, Scala or R.
* In depth, Hand-on knowledge of Java 8
* Hands on experience with building CI/CD
* Experience with private cloud - PCF
* Experience in developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Expertise in Data governance and Data Quality
* Experience working with PCI Data is a plus
* Experience working with Data Scientists
* Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and related stack on premise or cloud
* Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.)
* Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
* Full life cycle experience within an Agile framework
* Mission critical systems experience in a globally distributed framework
* Best practices in infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, and automated self-healing
* Experience with DevOps model and tools
* Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
* Experience with Chaos Engineering
* Technical leadership experience; driving initiatives through the entire project lifecycle, mentoring and guiding other team members, driving team/project success in a highly collaborative, collegiate environment
* People management experience; building and developing a team, helping staff develop their skills and achieve career objectives, driving team to achieve organizational objectives, driving employee satisfaction
* Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
* Machine Learning
* Data structures and algorithms
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.