Posting Job Description
The VP, Product Design & UX will envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's possible. They will report to the Senior Vice President of Product Experience for the new WarnerMedia Direct-to-Consumer Video Streaming App.
The ideal candidate will possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
The VP can be located in Los Angeles, Seattle, or New York.
* Leadership of the current User Experience & Design group, which consists of design professionals in product design, user experience research & usability testing.
* Lead the design of all product user interfaces, including connected TV, mobile and web applications.
* Lead user journey and touch point mapping, and creation of personas to inform that mapping.
* Own overall product design rationale; build a unique design language that addresses evolving user and customer needs, informs product roadmap and enables rapid feature expansion.
* Manage design operations
* Project load management, clear goal setting, and allocation of researchers and designers to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
* Set designers up for success and ensure that the team is well equipped to be flexible and effective Lead user research, including personal development and new feature research, and product usability studies.
* Build and mentor a team of interaction, visual and IA designers with capabilities that span the full scope of the human-centered design process and product development, from user insights and early concept generation to prototyping and refinement.
* Collaborate cross-functionally and manage stakeholder alignment around design strategy, feature definition, and product roadmap.
* Influence decision-making through clear communication and demonstration of how design deliverables successfully balance requirements, constraints and user needs.
* Work closely with the development teams to ensure a clear roadmap to achieving the vision you set, given the technology platform and development timelines.
* Manage, coach, and grow a world-class multi-discipline User Experience Design team, covering user research, interaction design, visual design, data analytics, and other areas of design
* Recruiting, mentoring, and nurturing a highly engaged and passionate organization.
* Championing and promoting design thinking, research, and processes within an agile organization.
* Leading internal design thinking and visioning workshops to help the team translate customer insights into product direction.
* Continuously improving our methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
* Generating, communicating, and evangelizing insights, designs and visions to project teams and senior leadership.
Ensure the delivery of high-impact output by:
* Inspiring and motivating the team to provide innovative solutions to customers.
* Developing deep partnerships across the executive team and cross-functional peers to set strategy, priorities, and resourcing.
* Working with key stakeholders, Product Managers, Product Owners and Software Architects, drive design solutions moving forward.
* Ensuring quantifiable business impact via data-driven, informed, and human-centric design goals.
* Long track record of UX design for video streaming applications
* Demonstrated expertise working in complex, collaborative, cross-functional teams with strong influence, communication and partnership skills.
* Strong execution track record of seeing conceptual designs through to products that launched to positive end-user feedback & adoption.
* Experience in user experience and recognized as a subject matter expert in the field.
* Ability to influence, present and partner with both internal and external senior management.
* Ability to identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develop employees.
* Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities.
* 15+ years in UXD, visual design, and user research with 7+ years specifically leading UX teams.
* At least 5 years managing multi-layer teams, covering multiple discipline of design.
* Experience working in a cloud software product company, driving design from planning to release over multiple releases, serving millions of users.
* Experience designing for a broad set of UI platforms including connected devices, connected TVs, web, desktop, and mobile.
* Familiar with agile methodology, modern software development process and has a clear sense where experience design team can fit in.
* Ability to distill complex processes into simple, clear, user interactions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.