All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO's garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We're a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That's where you come in!
As the VP of Data Science, you'll play a critical role in building a data-driven culture and driving strategic initiatives. You'll leverage a rich data-set built on a mature data pipeline that has captured millions of events a day over millions of users since the founding of the company in 2013.
You'll lead a nimble team that uses machine learning, predictive analytics, and engineering to partner with the product, marketing, & operations to drive growth and further efficiencies. You'll be expected to creatively spearhead projects, possess the communication skills to collaborate with other teams, as well as the technical skills to deliver sophisticated projects from concept to production.
* Ensure data best practices and play a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout the entire organization
* Be a technical leader and mentor for the data science team, helping institute best engineering practices (coding standards, automated testing, CI/CD, scalability)
* Work with the leadership team in establishing a long-term vision for the company while building out a roadmap of data science development and applications
* Conceive, develop, implement, and continually improve machine learning projects
* Use your creativity and intuition to help find and solve the fun, challenging problems we work on every day.
* Influence the development of additional capabilities to deliver business outcomes through the use of automated algorithms on the platform
* Communicate with stakeholders, business owners and engineers on business impact, technology requirements, and results
* Work in a stack built primarily around Python and AWS.
* Work in our Manhattan Soho office most days of the week to help foster a collaborative environment as the team grows.
* 5+ years in data science/machine learning experience
* 2+ years of managing a team of data scientists
* Development experience with the scientific Python stack (Pandas, Numpy/Scipy, scikit-learn, etc)
* Ability to combine traditional techniques and cutting-edge research to build innovative data-driven products.
* Experience in model deployment and scaling as well as deep learning networks
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field. PhD preferred.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, "America's Dream Boss" for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain's list of best places to work in NYC. We'd love to meet you, so apply today!
Boxed is a mobile commerce company focused on delivering the big box club experience to mobile devices.