We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. As the VP of Data, you will lead and build a diverse and talented team with expertise in digging into open-ended customer problems, prototyping, and rapidly iterating on data products from initial discovery to production. The team unlocks new value and possibilities from our data, always using the most effective tool for the job. Sometimes this means an interactive visualization; sometimes, the latest techniques in machine learning.
Who are you? That's a great question. You're such an inquisitive person. You apply that same curious mindset to your work. You are relentlessly results-driven and you love measuring everything. But being analytical doesn't mean you build products that are utilitarian. You understand the business case of creating product experiences that are magical.
At Ro, you will build technology to help people become a healthier version of themselves, turn physicians into better healthcare professionals and power our increasingly complex operations and fulfillment logistics.
* Establish Ro short-term and long-term vision for Data Science
* Establish Ro data science team
* Manage and grow our current business intelligence and data engineering team
* Work with engineering support team to build best in class process to manage incoming request
* Work with product and engineering to build best in class process to productize Machine Learning
* Work with product and engineering team to build best in class process to collect, transform, and delivery data to warehouse
* You have 10+ years working as a data scientist
* You have 5+ years in the management and leading role in a data science organization
* You have 5+ years experience deploy production ready data warehouse, AI, ML, and reporting tools. (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, H2O.ai, OpenAI, Microsoft AI, Jupyter, Looker, etc.)
* You have 5+ years experience productizing Machine Learning initiatives
* You have 5+ years experience leading rapidly growing data teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
* You have 3+ years experience leading a data organization within a company of 250 employees or more
* You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the organization
* You have experience and have a passion in mentoring and teaching
* You are effective representing your team to all stakeholders
* You have a PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders and sexuality to apply.
WE ARE RO
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company where doctors, pharmacists and engineers are working together to reinvent the way the healthcare system works. So it works better for everyone-providers and patients alike. We promise to make the complicated straightforward. The expensive affordable. And the frustrating delightful.
By tearing down the walls and bringing providers and patients together in one place, we're making it easier and more affordable for millions of people to get personalized treatment, get healthy and get back to living the lives they dream about.
Ro is backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our investors have also backed Warby Parker, Harry's, Stripe, Oscar, and PillPack.
About Roman Health
Roman is a direct-to-consumer men's health company.