WHAT WE NEED
The VP, Data Science and Modeling will serve as an expert to define, lead and evangelize groundbreaking analytics solutions leveraging the suite of agency data science offerings. Ideally, this individual will have a rare blend of exceptional analytical skills with the ability to collaborate well with internal partners and translate complex approaches and data into simple, actionable language and plans. He or she will have a demonstrated skill set in data science, modeling and architecture and is both a subject matter expert who people want to follow and support, and a nurturer and developer of teams and staff.
The VP, Data Science and Modeling will work closely and oversee a team of data scientists, data engineers, and business analysts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Lead cross-functional teams to define, implement and promote cutting-edge analytical and data engineering solutions with new and existing clients such as:
* End-to-end customer data integration, activation and enablement
* Rigorous statistical modeling and inferential analysis
* Machine learning and AI development and applications
* Provide strategic vision and alignment for client engagements
* Synthesize complex, technical concepts and outputs into compelling story lines that resonate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
* Engage with colleagues across the agency to identify new and improved pathways for data-powered solutions.
* Provide expertise in fundamental skill areas such as statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed computing, and programming with open-source languages.
* Deliver thought leadership and innovation in process, technique, and implementation.
* Share knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice.
* Build followership with current team members; develop, mentor and coach staff towards optimal performance, demonstrating and driving Edge values, ethics, culture and critical success factors at every level.
* Work with human resources and analytics team leaders to recruit and develop top talent, hiring analysts with appropriate expertise, provide career coaching to employees, appropriately and successfully manage employee issues.
* Build long-lasting relationships with clients and serve as a trusted partner by pushing clients forward in the uses of data driven intelligence for decision-making processes; analyze complex systems to offer insights, result-oriented solutions and delivery of effective and efficient marketing investments to help clients connect more directly and efficiently with their customers and meet their business objectives
WHO YOU ARE
* Master's Degree required in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study; PhD desired
* Minimum of 10 years professional experience in a data science, data management and advanced analytics-focused roles within a marketing/advertising-based environment; direct response or performance marketing experience strongly desired
* Expertise in leading and executing projects that span data engineering, data mining, data modeling, and business strategy
* Superior knowledge of data warehousing, mining, and reporting, with expertise in defining metrics and dashboards for managers and executives
* Robust, fundamental expertise in areas of statistical methods, distributed computing, machine learning, AI, and/or a variety of open source programming languages
* Advanced level proficiency with machine learning modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, supervised/unsupervised clustering techniques, experimental test design, etc.
* Experience integrating a variety of data sources, methods, and applications to achieve specific objectives
* Proven track record of technical and analytical innovation that delivers measurable business impact
* Proven track record leading and scaling teams of data scientists with strong coaching and team leadership abilities
* Flexibility to operate across technologies, industries, or level of scale and complexity
* Demonstrated ability to flex seamlessly from highly technical, analytical discussions to higher level, strategic conversations
* Ability to manage multiple complex projects while meeting all deadlines and manage people to achieve optimal results.
* Excels in a culture of collaboration, excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
* Strong interpersonal skills-an outstanding ability build relationships, influence and navigate within a complex organization.
* Presence and self-confidence to interface and engage with the key constituents internally and externally with strong communication skills.
* Self-awareness, maturity, irreproachable integrity