Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
VP Data Architecture - Java Full Stack Developer
Req #: 190054096
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Data & Analytics
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
The Chief Technology group develops and drives architecture solutions at the firm-wide level through the Global Technology Architecture Committee (GTAC) governance group. This is a highly visible group charged with providing strategic solutions across the firms many disparate operating groups. The group is divided by technical disciplines including application architecture and data architecture. This position will be in the Data Architecture group.
We are looking for a strong software engineer with deep data management experience to join a team of talented technologists in the Corporate Technology Architecture organization. This highly visible and exciting role will be a critical member of a small team, building out the data discovery, classification, and analytics platform for the entire firm. Data discovery will allow JP Morgan to understand the semantic content of its data stores allowing the business to use its data more strategically, tighten security, and reduce data duplication. The successful candidate must have a passion for technology with an emphasis on understanding the data landscape in large and complex organizations. They will also thrive in dynamic rapidly changing environments and will enjoy communicating and presenting at all levels of the organization including senior management
* Lead the design, build, and implementation of an enterprise scale highly distributed database scanning platform
* Take the lead in the implementation of the data discovery platform on a Hadoop grid or containerized compute grid, and potentially hosted on Amazon cloud
* Develop customized code in order to interface the database scanners to heterogeneous data stores including sql/no-sql and on-premises and cloud based systems.
* Perform capacity planning, performance tuning, and infrastructure design
* Work closely with multiple stakeholders including operate, development groups, business users, and senior managers to ensure that the data discovery agenda is successful
* Participate in the development of machine learning algorithms to further refine data classification accuracy and scalability
* Acted in a tech lead or architecture capacity in last two roles
* 10 years core server side java emphasizing threading and messaging technologies
* 5 years of experience with distributed asynchronous computing architectures
* 5 years of experience with RDMS and strong SQL and stored procedure coding
* 3-5 years of scripting experience (any of java, Perl, shell, python, etc)
* 3-5 years of experience with Hadoop technologies including Cloudera, Hive, Impala, HBase,yarn, avro
* 3-5 years of experience working with container technologies including Kubernetes, Docker, etc
* 3-5 years of experience with no-sql technologies including Cassandra, Mongo, Marklogic
* Exposure to cloud development including Amazon AWS
* Exposure to machine learning techniques including statistical models, python, Jupyter notebooks, and associated libraries.
* Data visualization experience - QlikView/Sense and/or Java UI/UX would be a strong plus
* Experience with large projects utilizing the Agile SDLC
* Expert in debugging and analysing complex software systems including a willingness to deep-dive into all layers of the technology stack
* Working knowledge of unit, technical, integration and user acceptance testing
* Working knowledge of capacity planning and performance testing tools
* Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies
* Ability to work on projects through to completion with limited supervision
* Ability and willingness to exhibit technical leadership
* Passion for detail and follow through
* Excellent communication skills and team player
* Financial Industry experience a plus
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.