Voting/Health IT Test Engineer I
Wheat Ridge, CO
SLI Compliance is a growing company with over 25 years of experience in providing a full range of high quality certification and compliance testing services for Health IT and Voting System providers. We have exciting opportunities for experienced Voting/Health IT Test Engineers to join our Wheat Ridge, Colorado team.
The Voting/Health IT Test Engineer I provides day-to-day execution of the tasks necessary to deliver software and hardware test engineering services to product manufacturers operating within the highly regulated voting or health IT (HIT) industry. The Voting/Health IT Test Engineer I ensures that testing services meet rigorous federally defined standards for voting or health IT systems, which enables the company to attest that the system satisfies the specified standard and that related system functionality operates in accordance with design requirements and specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develops, validates and executes software/system test procedures
* Thoroughly tests systems that have been developed by our clients
* Follows test plans, as well as creates test cases/suites and detailed test procedures that drive the test effort, while keeping thorough and accurate records
* Communicates the status of testing with all relevant internal and external parties
* Works with a team of Engineers and Test Managers, to review and analyze vendor documentation
* Spends on-the-job time learning different types of voting systems and new environments
* Applies an understanding of quality assurance methodologies, including software and/or hardware engineering
* May perform source code review, including understanding source code review requirements, performing detailed manual review and recording all review activities accurately
* Performs other related duties, as needed
Experience, Education, Skills and Credentials:
* A technical 4-year degree in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, or a related field is required; certification, formal training, experience, or demonstrated competency in a technical discipline may be evaluated and considered in lieu of the educational requirement(s)
* Must have a valid driver's license
* A minimum of 1 year of technical experience in software quality assurance/quality control, test engineering or software development and engineering is required
* A minimum of 1 year of analysis of software requirements and functional software design experience and experience in C++, C# or one or more of the following programming languages: PowerBuilder, C, Java, Visual Basic, HTML is required
* Experience with any computer based voting and/or health IT system is preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Access, Project, and Outlook) with an emphasis on Excel is required
* Proficiency in Windows operating system environments is required; Linux experience is preferred
* Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply quality assurance methodologies, including software and/or hardware engineering is preferred
* Must be able to perform a logical analysis of a situation and make a determination, including when to seek help
* Must be detail-oriented and focused while also being able to multitask and adapt to a fast paced, priority shifting environment
* Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills which must include the ability to interact with both internal and external clients in a professional manner
* Must be able to work independently and on a team with minimal supervision
* Experience with web based implementations is preferred
* Knowledge of the institute of Electrical and Electronics (IEEE) and the international organization for standardization (ISO) standards is a plus
SLI Compliance is an independent division of Gaming Laboratories International (GLI). GLI is a world leader in testing gaming devices and online systems standards in the gaming, wagering and lottery industries. We have established an incomparable team of highly trained, hand-picked experts to deliver world-class services to the global gaming industry.
GLI is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
SLI Compliance and GLI are Equal Opportunity Employers