What you'll be doing...
In this Verizon Network Planning role, you will assist in driving the plan and design of SBC networks, call flows across and within all business units of Verizon, efficiency and security in the voice network, and drive Verizon network quality forward; additionally, you will assist the larger Network Planning team with project coordination and management.
This position will work across all Verizon voice and VoIP network environments, products, and interconnects to design network elements and facilities to promote efficient call flow and traffic handling. You'll support network analysis for effectiveness of network element, facility, and call flow designs, while working with vendors, peers, and lab resources and personnel to coordinate hardware, software, and virtualization upgrades.
This position will support managers and peers within Network Planning with project and program management on any and all aspects of voice and VoIP planning. This aspect of the role will provide an immersive experience, promoting learning of vendors, technologies, service platforms, tools, hardware, software, and virtualization projects within the scope of Network Planning.
* Design network solutions that add value to Verizon's customers, reduce operating costs, and ensure that the service platforms and facilities carry voice/VoIP traffic efficiently, securely, and reliably.
* Define and drive hardware and software upgrades and NFV, write test plans and requirements, and work with peers to define and develop high-level architecture designs.
* Develop complex technical designs through original thought; produce documentation (including patent efforts); collaborate across Verizon Business, Consumer, and Wireless teams; and leverage vendors. Be able to take designs from early thought and assessment (including business costs/benefit analysis) through low-level design work, lab certification, FOA, and network deployment.
* Effectively communicate, in both written and spoken means, at a technical level while mentoring and guiding less senior technical staff members inside and outside of Verizon organizations. Prepare and Present clear materials to peers, colleagues, and executive management.
* Provide support for field issues when they cannot be resolved via the operations teams and vendors (i.e., Assist Operations in resolution of network issues Tier 4 support).
* Provide project and program management for efforts within the realm of Network Planning. Work with Network Planning leadership and management to take day-to-day ownership of processes and procedures necessary to effect Planning initiatives and deliverables, from architecture design through vendor selection, lab testing, FOA/instantiation, and rollout. Provide clear, concise, and regular communication of status to vendors, peers, management, and leadership.
What we're looking for...
You are an experienced voice/VoIP network planner/project manager interested in network routing, product and network design, and driving complex solutions across the business. Participating in and leading large, highly technical projects, teams, and inspiring peers to deliver network solutions is personally rewarding. People know you for your ability to analyze issues document and solve complex problems with innovative solutions. Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you manage competing priorities with ease, and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting tight deadlines.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in a larger carrier/Service Provider with VoIP network infrastructure.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in a larger carrier/Service Provider with VoIP network infrastructure design experience, product/service design capability, and ability to introduce new solutions into a production network.
* Knowledge of IMS, VoIP, Carrier-Peering and Commercial arrangements, Internet Protocol , Voice over IP including SIP, RTP, codecs, architectures/platforms - Session Border Controllers, application servers, proxies, redirect servers, ENUM, back-to-back user agents, VoIP gateways.
* Experience in sample technical documentation, oral presentation of technical material, and working-level formative documents will be requested.
* Experience with VoIP NNI and UNI, Tier-1 VoIP Interconnections, delivery of Formal Technical Documentation and requirements documents, and communicating at Executive Level, including AGILE/ITERATIVE design principles.
* Knowledge of SIP & TDM interconnects technology and experience working across carriers/service providers. Experience in SIP Headers and call handling, Trace back (protocol and tools), STIR/SHAKEN/PKI, VoIP, VoLTE/IMS, and TDM Call Flow Processing, Call Detail Reporting. Expertise in Network diagnostic tools and troubleshooting of WIRESHARK and protocol traces, fluent in SIP and negotiated SDP and Media packets.
* Ability to exercise Programmatic thinking (Python, Ruby, C+, etc.) basics, Mobile Handset operation and App controls, Internet Protocol (basic layer 2, 3, 4) including switching, routing and firewalls, legacy voice networks including wireline and wireless, Enterprise Services and PBX / VoIP Trunking, Voice over IP including SIP, RTP, codecs, architectures/platforms - Session Border controllers, application servers, proxies, redirect servers, Call Gapping / Blocking Logic, ENUM, back-to-back user agents, VoIP gateways, IMS.
* Ability to design and deploy systems into a cloud native environments using Openstack constructs.
* Knowledge of primary vendors - Metaswitch, Oracle, Ribbon (Genband & Sonus), Cisco/Broadsoft, NetNumber, Nokia, Ericsson.
* Knowledge of the Verizon Business, Verizon Telecom, and Verizon Wireless networks.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.