This Voice Engineer is directly responsible for installing and supporting all telecommunications, voice cabling and third party voice applications tied to Cisco CUCM systems. The successful candidate will upgrade and modify the Voice over Internet Protocol ("VoIP") network to satisfy growth and expansion, and provide IP networking support for new VoIP services. The Voice Engineer will also work with customers to train, educate and gather data to configure and implement a customer-focused and enterprise-wide Unified Communications solution. The Voice Engineer will be responsible for determining the best technical solution to meet the organization's voice and communication requirements.
The Voice Engineer will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Voice Engineer will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
* Installs, maintains, monitors, upgrades, updates, troubleshoots the organization's Cisco CUCM phone system, Unity connection voicemail system, Cisco Emergency Responder (including cloud based e911), Cisco UCCE, Cisco IVR, Calabrio voice recording system, Video conference system, and Video Distribution System.
* Supports ongoing add, moves and changes of voice and Telecom equipment.
* Programs voice mailboxes for individual users and departments, troubleshoots voicemail issues and telecom system failures.
* Maintains, updates, trains and troubleshoots collaborative tools such as WebEx.
* Configures, maintains and troubleshoots the organization's mass notification system.
* Maintains VoIP system documentation including user guides, installation procedures, configuration procedures and standards. Trains end users to use telephony systems and equipment.
* Supports third party applications integrated into the organization's VoIP systems (e.g., CareAware connect, Nurse Call system, Skype, eFax, etc.).
* Completes call detail records analysis and generates reports as requested by end users.
* Maintains phone directories and extensions database (route plan).
* Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of updates.
* Installs, maintains, monitors, upgrades and updates VoIP and telecom system, servers, gateways and patches related to them.
* Troubleshoots all LAN and WAN hardware components using network analyzers for voice services and configures correct communication media segments. Supports second and third tier escalations for all VoIP products and technologies.
* Works with Sr. Network Engineer on projects and Provide on-call support outside of routine business hours.
* Analyzes new technology that enables the company to be on a high level of services.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Reports to Manager, Network and Systems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification. Work experiences can replace traditional educational requirements.
* CCNA collaboration or CCNA Routing and Switching is required.
* Minimum 3 years of experience with VoIP products and technologies.
* Solid understanding of ITSM best practices.
* Practical experience in network protocols like TCP/TP including QoS, CoS and multicast.
* Must be familiar with analog and digital phone systems, including VoIP.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows products and technologies, Microsoft server/application products, and Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project and Visio.
* Ability to work closely with Sr. Network and Sr. Security Engineers to provide escalation support.
* Ability to create new and modify existing runbooks, support manuals and user guides.
* Ability to design voice solutions per users' requirements and quickly deliver enterprise solutions.
* Good customer service skills.
* Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
* Prolonged exposure to video display terminal.
* Travel to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab's Disaster Recovery data center or remote clinic locations in company vehicle or personal vehicle.
* Ability to transfer and lift hardware weighing up to 30 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.