Arthur J Gallagher
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper.We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Unified Communications Voice Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in designing solutions for AJG US and International business units, partners and customers. The Voice Engineer will build, deploy, and support the solutions in conjunction with other engineering and operations resources.
* Will work with Infrastructure leadership, other IS teams and business units to engineer, document and deploy UC (voice, video, etc) solutions.
* Assist in researching and evaluating UC solutions as well as installation, and testing of UC hardware and software for voice, data and video, high-availability and disaster recovery.
* Installs, troubleshoots, and supports technical solutions in a world-class infrastructure.
* Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and UC related business initiatives.
* Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IT staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions.
* Creates capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests and tracks the progress of hardware & software orders.
* Plans, coordinates and executes major upgrades of UC infrastructure.
* Follows architecture diagrams and documentation for solution deployment.
* Develops and maintains operational support documentation.
* Acts as a point of escalation for operations team
* Associate's degree and 5 or more years related experience required.
* Professional-level Cisco certification in Voice (CCNA)
* Minimum 5 years supporting voice, video and collaboration services
* Experience supporting Large Enterprise Global Voice Infrastructure
* Ability to work across geographies and time zones
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills are necessary
* Highly organized, structured, and process oriented. Ability to work independently as well as with a team
* Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to collaborate with internal and external business/technical teams.
* Experience troubleshooting complex voice & collaboration performance problems to resolution in multitasking environment.
* You must have experience in Unified Communications, Video Conferencing and Voice related technologies
* Deep general proficiency building and troubleshooting environments in a distributed, global, environment.
* Mid-level familiarity with voice/VoIP technologies including Cisco UC, UCCE, CUBE, Video. Knowledge of WebEx, WebEx Teams (Spark), Jabber, IOS Voice Gateways, QoS, IOS, SIP, H.323, MGCP, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP also required
* Bolt on UC applications such as CRM connectors, Attendant Consoles, Faxing, WFM/WFO, Call Recording, etc
* Experience with voice quality monitoring tools and diagnosing voice quality issues.
* Experience with Contact Center IVR, ACD technologies
* Infrastructure experience and detailed knowledge of related technologies, products and services. Collaboration & unified communications.
* Experience migrating video conferencing and telephony infrastructures. Hands-on and consultative skills with Cisco collaboration & unified communications solutions.
* Broad overall infrastructure background with proven experience in technology and methodology. LAN technology including Cisco, PoE, 10G-BaseT, L2 switching and L3 routing principles, WAN technology including MPLS, QoS, Routers, Fiber and copper wiring, Cellular and smartphone technology, Video, Web, Audio conferencing technologies including Skype, WebEx
* Experience in programming and scripting tools/languages such as python and PowerShell for automation a plus.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.