Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Electronics Engineer with a focus on VMWare to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
* Installing and configuring VMWare onto data centers.
* Developing engineering documentation for system configuration using scripting languages.
* Executing engineering projects on schedule.
* Collaborate with engineers to generate and redline documented procedures and troubleshoot.
* Implement engineering changes to the system as required.
* Responsible for integrating and testing software and/or hardware systems in complex IT systems.
* Work closely with Engineers and Technicians in a lab environment.
* Good planning, coordination, and documentation skills are required.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 9 years of STEM related experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 7 years of related experience OR PhD in a STEM discipline with 4 years of related experience.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
* Willing to travel appx. 25% within the U.S.
* Familiarity with VMWare.
* Active Interim Top Secret clearance or active Secret and ability to be accessed to a Special Access Program.
* Strong leadership skills to lead a small group of 3-4 VMWare engineers.
* Ability to develop and maintain Bash and Python scripts.
* Familiarity with version control such as Git.
* Ability to author and maintain technical installation, configuration, and update procedures.
* Ability to provide engineering technical support for peer teams.
* Ability to engineer and test new technical solutions and/or bug fixes in lab environments.
* Ability to design and implement VMware high-availability virtualized infrastructures.
* Ability to automate installation of COTS software.
* Ability to maintain compatibility with existing architectures when implementing system enhancements.
* Ability to release CM controlled documentation, scripts, and COTS software media.
* Experience with the following: Sphinx, reST, YAML, Jinja
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.